You’ve probably heard of them, but do you know what electric barbecues are really like and the benefits of using them?
Grilling on the barbecue is virtually a ritual; have the entire family gathered around to assist in cooking all the different foods makes for priceless memories. But choosing a barbecue isn’t an easy task, and there are many factors that need to be considered: quality, price, intended use, essentials, and so on.
When we think of barbecues, we all envision a nice garden, a large outdoor area or a spacious terrace; however, thanks to electric barbecues, you don't need any of these spaces to be able to grill at home. Read more.
This type of grill can be used both inside and outside the home. They're incredibly easy to use, as the only thing you need is access to a nearby power outlet. In addition, they're incredibly fast, lightweight and compact, making them easy to transport. Let’s have a closer look at the advantages:
- VERSATILITY: This is the main benefit of electric grills — you can cook any kind of food anywhere, whether inside your kitchen and outside on your balcony.
- SMOKE-FREE: You can cook with them anywhere because they don't emit any smoke (other than smoke resulting from cooking) since they don't burn charcoal or wood. Instead, they run on electric currents, just like a toaster or other kitchen appliance. They also have a small tray at the bottom for adding water. What does this do? Adding water to the bottom ensures that any grease that drips down won’t release smoke or burning smells.
- SPEED: This method is fast; you can have succulent grilled meat and tasty roast vegetables on the table in 15 minutes or less.
- FLAVOUR: The flavour these grills lend food is very similar to that of a traditional barbecue, and some people even prefer it. This is due to their use of electric currents, which produce the required heat at an adequate distance to cook food to perfection.
- TEMPERATURE: Electric grills come equipped with a current regulator that enables you to adjust the temperature to your personal tastes depending on the dish you are preparing at any given time.
- SAFETY: Electric barbecues are incredibly safe because no combustion is required. They don’t require charcoal, wood or gas in order to cook food
- CLEANING: These grills are incredibly clean and don't emit any smoke or grime. Different cleaning methods are required depending on the material used for the coating.
Now you know — even if you don't have a garden, you can still take part in the ritual of fire by using an electric grill. Have a look at our different models!